I am a final-year doctoral candidate at the Operations Research Center at
MIT advised by Professor Dimitris Bertsimas.
My primary research interest is in prescriptive analytics - using data-driven techniques from optimization, statistics,
and machine learning to solve problems that lead to better decisions and outcomes. I'm particularly excited about solving
real-world motivated problems in healthcare analytics and operations management.
Other interests include:
- two stage decision-making under uncertainty (adaptive optimization),
- developing optimization algorithms for machine learning and statistics problems,
- data analytics,
- causal inference.
During my PhD, I spent a summer as an intern at
Google Research, NYC . Before coming to MIT, I worked in quantitative finance for a year developing statistical arbitrage
based strategies at WorldQuant LLC, India.
I obtained my undergraduate degree (B.Tech) in
Chemical Engineering along with a minor in Applied Statistics and Informatics from the
Indian Insitute of Technology Bombay in Mumbai, India. During my undergraduate, I spent
a summer each working on problems in computational systems biology in EPFL, Switzerland
and process control in NUS, Singapore.
- D. Bertsimas, J. Dunn, N. Mundru. "Prescriptive Trees". In Preparation, 2017.
- D. Bertsimas, N. Mundru. "Sparse Convex Regression". Submitted, 2017. (Draft)
- D. Bertsimas, A. Chang, V. V. Mišić, N. Mundru. "The Airlift Planning Problem". Under second round review (Minor revision in Transportation Science), 2016.
- D. Bertsimas, A. Chang, V. V. Mišić, N. Mundru. "The Robust Airlift Planning Problem". In Preparation, 2017.
- Undergraduate: 15.053 Optimization Methods for Business Analytics Spring, 2016. (Instructor: James Orlin)
- MBA: 15.071 The Analytics Edge Spring, 2015 (Instructors: Rob Freund and John Silberholz)
- PhD: 15.094 Robust Modeling, Optimization, and Computation Spring, 2014. (Instructor: Dimitris Bertsimas)
- EdX: 15.071x The Analytics Edge Summer, 2017. (Instructors: Dimitris Bertsimas and Allison O'Hair)
- "Prescriptive Trees." INFORMS, Oct 2017
- "The Robust Airlift Planning Problem." INFORMS, Oct 2017
- "Sparse Convex Regression." INFORMS, Nov 2016
- "Optimal Control through an Optimization lens." ISMP, July 2015