I am a final-year doctoral candidate at the Operations Research Center at
MIT advised by Professor Dimitris Bertsimas.
I am currently working on developing methods for prescriptive analytics - using data-driven techniques from optimization, statistics,
and machine learning to solve problems that lead to better decisions and outcomes. I'm particularly excited about solving
real-world motivated problems in healthcare analytics and operations management. Additionally, I'm interested in developing
optimization algorithms for machine learning problems and real world applications.
During my PhD, I spent a summer as an intern at
Google Research, NYC . Before coming to MIT, I worked in quantitative finance for a year developing statistical arbitrage
based strategies at WorldQuant LLC, India.
I obtained my undergraduate degree (B.Tech) in
Chemical Engineering along with a minor in Applied Statistics and Informatics from the
Indian Insitute of Technology Bombay in Mumbai, India. During my undergraduate, I spent
a summer each working on problems in computational systems biology in EPFL, Switzerland
and process control in NUS, Singapore.
- D. Bertsimas, C. McCord, N. Mundru. "Prescriptive Analytics for Observational Data". In preparation, 2018.
- D. Bertsimas, J. Dunn, N. Mundru. "Optimal Prescriptive Trees". To appear, INFORMS Journal on Optimization, 2018. preprint
- D. Bertsimas, N. Mundru. "Sparse Convex Regression". Minor revision in INFORMS Journal on Computing, 2017.
- D. Bertsimas, A. Chang, V. V. Mišić, N. Mundru. "The Airlift Planning Problem". To appear, Transportation Science, 2018. preprint
- D. Bertsimas, A. Chang, V. V. Mišić, N. Mundru. "The Robust Airlift Planning Problem". In preparation, 2018.
- 15.761 Introduction to Operations Management, MBA class, Fall, 2018. (Instructor: Nikos Trichakis)
- 15.053 Optimization Methods for Business Analytics, Undergraduate class, Spring, 2016. (Instructor: James Orlin)
- 15.071 The Analytics Edge MBA class, Spring, 2015 (Instructors: Rob Freund and John Silberholz)
- 15.094 Robust Modeling, Optimization, and Computation Ph.D. class, Spring, 2014. (Instructor: Dimitris Bertsimas)
- 15.071x The Analytics Edge EdX class, Summer, 2017. (Instructors: Dimitris Bertsimas and Allison O'Hair)
- "Prescriptive Analytics for Observational Data" INFORMS, Nov 2018
- "Prescriptive Trees." INFORMS, Oct 2017
- "The Robust Airlift Planning Problem." INFORMS, Oct 2017
- "Sparse Convex Regression." INFORMS, Nov 2016
- "Optimal Control through an Optimization lens." ISMP, July 2015